Monday 13 February 2012

Emeli Sande - Our Version Of Events

I have to admit until very recently I hadn't heard of Emeli Sandè. This was one of the reasons for choosing her as my first musical blog subject. Anyway,here goes.
I found the first 4 songs very hit and miss. It wasn't until I heard the song Clown that I truly appreciated how good this album could be. The song has a great piano melody, allowing miss Sandè to show off her great vocal range. Mountains is also a very solid track too. Not brilliant but a good addition to the album. Maybe is another great track. It's one of the more upbeat tracks. The song is about heartbreak which is very obvious when you listen to the lyrics "We broke up last sunday night
Keep on thinking about the fight
Rest my head against the wall
Your bags are by the door
Then your key turns in the lock
I see you on the stairs and stop
Have you had a change of heart
Can we go back to the start"
Suitcase is another very good track. The acoustic intro immediately hooks you in. However the intro is quite misleading as the song itself isn't an acoustic song.
The next 2 songs are very good, solid solid songs with "Next To Me" being the most Pop song on this album. The song will be very popular with radio stations such as Radio 1. The next 2 songs River and Lifetime are good tracks well worth a listen. The final three tracks (Hope, Read All About It Part III and Tiger) however are outstanding tracks. They have sweet, simple melodies, they're not too long and show off Emeli's great vocal range.
I would hazard a guess and say many people would be comparing this album to Adele's albums. However I never heard any of them. I they are as good as this though I shall be buying them tomorrow. All in all this is a great album which you should buy ASAP.

Standout Track = Clown 9/10
Album Review 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment